Pages

Tuesday, February 3, 2015

Feminine Cats 101

Ever since I was a little girl, I dreamed big. I dreamed a lot to the point where it wasn't considered healthy as an adult, but I was a child so it didn't matter. People always tell you not to dream too big when you get older though, and when I was 12 I didn't want to believe it.

 I told them, "No, I'm going to be the best girl that has ever existed in history, and you cannot stop me." And they usually just laughed or walked away from me and shook their head mumbling, "You're a girl. You can't become successful as a girl." That's why I turned on my computer when I was 13 and began to write stories and poetry.

I wanted to show them that the power I held in my heart was bursting out with various colors that aligned in the sky when the sun is rising. I wanted to point to the sky and say, "That is me. Je suis belle." I have put all of my strength into my words and decided to take a class that allows me to write even more. And something that I am so strong about is feminism. Each kind of feminism, but especially fat feminism


I am doing this because it is such a good thing to learn about and talk about. I am allowing myself to become more beautiful with these words and I'm glad to post about the events that go on in girls' lives and feminism itself. I'm glad to post about the girls that are loosing their lives and have  no education, and girls who are fighting for equal rights. 

I'm doing this for the girls who fight, and never, ever, give up. 

1 comment:

  1. I find this post very inspirational. Even though when everyone was telling you that you couldn't do things you proved them wrong. You could have chosen the easy route, and just given up in life. Instead you continue to go after you dreams, staying strong, and proving them all wrong. I find that inspirational, and I am really proud of you for that. I am really looking forward to reading more of your post!

    ReplyDelete